Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Finally, A Reality Show for Dogs

I got this friend, Shirley, a basset hound lives up on 7 with an owner who, let's just say, isn't shy with the table scraps.  Poor thing, Shirley's only in her 50s and she's already got the diabetes with a touch of the arthritis.

As much as I beg at the table and clean scraps off the floor with my tongue, my owners don't overfeed me.  Partially because they care.  Partially because a lot of the human food makes me hurl all over the floor.

Well, I'm browsing through the googlewebs the other night after my owners went to sleep (it's the only way I can get online; if my man owner caught me using his iPad, he'd poop himself.  And then blame it on me), and I find this reality TV show about overweight dogs: PROJECT PET SLIM DOWN.

http://www.projectpetslimdown.com/

Can I just tell you?  Loving.  This.  Show.  Sure, it makes me wonder what the hell kinda society we live in where we have a canine obesity problem, but at least SOMEone's addressing it.  Thanks, Purina!  (P.S. - I'm always willing to shill Purina, so, you know, if yous wanna toss an endorsement my way, get in touch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment