Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

College Basketball Blues

I'll admit: I've never been crazy about basketball.  For one thing, the ball's too big for my mouth.  But the other problems are the length of the shorts and a feeble Knicks franchise. Can we get new ownership already?

To me, pro basketball ends with Willis Reed and the 1973 World Champion Knickerbockers of a little city you may have heard of called New York.  In addition to his shorts, he was known as sort of a drooler, and I've always found that endearing in males, human or otherwise.


I haven't watched much of the college tourney this year, mostly because my owners don't even know it exists.  But every once in a while, they'll take off without me and let me get my hoops on.  

Personally, I've been pulling for the Butler Bulldogs (duh.  What, you thought I'd root for the Wildcats?)  and I'm hoping for a showdown with the Huskies of U Conn. Back in the swinging days of my youth, I once had a bulldog face off with a husky for my tender affections. While they snarled and growled at each other, a retriever swooped in and whisked me away; guess they both lost that one.

Then, I find out the tournament officials wouldn't let Blue, Butler's mascot, into the arena on account of, and I quote, "not enough space," for live mascots.  What the--?  You're telling me there's no room for Blue, a 70-pound bulldog, but there's ample space for this jackass?


Gee, college basketball, discriminate much?  

Well, fortunately, I just found out they're allowing Blue in for the Final Four game, even giving him his own seat on a chartered plane and accommodation at a 4-star hotel.  


Hey, Blue!  If you need a date, there's an old gal in LA who's never been to Houston before!



No comments:

Post a Comment