Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's an election year

Look, people, I don't like to get political. And until dogs get the vote, I'm not sure what the point is. But this year, I've got to take a stand against Mitt Romney on account of the emerging "Crate Gate" scandal.

Now before you get your Republican little panties all crinkled, I'm not sending out an endorsement for President Obama. He didn't even have a dog until he was voted into the White House, so I can't help but feel that Bo, his Portuguese Water Dog, is something of a prop for Christmas cards. Bo, if you're reading, I am available for sniffings and other social events.



But nothing could make me support the likes of Mitt. (Incidentally, I used to know a dog named Mitt back in Brooklyn. Mitt used to shag balls outside Ebbots Field during Dodger homestands. That Spaniel could catch anything! 'Course then the Dodgers moved out to L.A., broke everyone's heart, including Mitt. I couldn't understand it until I made the move out to LA LA land myself. Now, I just hope the Dodgers can get decent ownership and return to glory.)

The gestalt of the Romney story is this: The Romneys had an Irish Setter named Seamus. Handsome fella, but couldn't keep his nose out of the water bowl, from what I hear, if you know what I mean... On a vacation to Canada, Old Mitt decided to strap Seamus's crate to the roof of his car. I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say, when the Romney family arrived in Canada, Seamus was nowhere to be found!

Who is this guy? Chevy Chase in VACATION? Who straps a dog to the roof of a car?! If he'd do that to his best friend, what would he do to the American economy?

Remember, people: there are no bad dogs, only bad owners. And Mitt Romney is the worst.

So it is with great pride that I join http://www.dogsagainstromney.com. We may not have the vote, but we have our voice! R.I.P. Seamus. You will not have died in vain!


No comments:

Post a Comment